- The European local chapter is organizing meetings for dissemination of scientific results and programs
To this effort, the Italian DS group organized an online session (October 16th 2020) entitled “Down syndrome and Alzheimer disease: advancements in preclinical and clinical research” with talks by both senior EU researchers and young scientists to foster collaboration and network among DS researchers. This initiative is also part of young members training activities
2. Working on expanding European members network to promote coordination and collaboration among European scientists: EBRA.
Through EBRA cluster, EU local chapter aims to bring together DS researchers, associations and stakeholders to share DS research priorities, to promote coordinated activities aiming at sharing research strategies to understand the complexity of DS phenotypes.
3. We are developing collaborations at EU level: through participation to a H2020 funded program “ GO-DS21“ and through applications to EU grants
4. We promote hosting of students/researchers among EU laboratories (once pandemic will allow)
5. We are discussing with stakeholders to define a roadmap of activities that prioritize DS research and assistance.